Local Rules apply to various areas of the course and MUST be adhered to.
Please check the club noticeboard as these can change on a daily basis
GROUND UNDER REPAIR - Rule 25
OBSTRUCTIONS - Rule 24
BALL AT REST ON PUTTING GREEN MOVED OR MOVES
PRACTICE – Rule 7
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
OUT OF BOUNDS - POINTS OF CLARIFICATION
A ball is out of bounds if played in, over or through the natural boundaries of the course. i.e. fences, hedges, ditches and woods together with the white posts which define the confines of the
course. The Bird Sanctuary, Firing Range, Cemetery, Putting Green, Car Park, Club House and surrounding pavements are all out of bounds.
The ball is OOB when all of it lies out of bounds. No relief is allowed from objects defining out of bounds such as walls, fences, railings and stakes as they are 'outside of the confines of the course'.
The natural boundaries are not hole specific and a ball lying beyond any boundary is out of bounds regardless of the hole being played. When white boundary posts or markings are not evident the natural boundaries are specifically defined as follows:
• In or over the hedge on the left-hand side of the 1st hole and from a point where the hedge ends on or beyond the public footpath.
• Beyond the ditch on the right-hand side of the 6th hole.
• In or over the ditch on the left-hand side of the 7th hole, commencing from the woodland area beyond the tractor bridge opening.
• In or over the ditch on the left-hand side of the 8th hole and from the point where the ditch meets the public pathway, on or over the public pathway.
• Through the wire fence surrounding the firing range by the 11th tee.
• On or over the public footpath on the left-hand side of the 11th and 12th holes.
• Beyond the fence protecting the car park on the left-hand side of the 13th hole.
• Beyond the fence surrounding the bird sanctuary on the right-hand side of the 15th and 16th holes.
• On or beyond the grating which separates 'the clubhouse and surrounding paving' from the pathway around the 18th hole.
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES - Updated 12/10/2018
WINTER RULES ARE IN OPERATION
Pace of play hints, tips and information: