|Sat or Sun||6 or 7||Monthly Stableford - enter on the day|
|Sat||13||Order of Merit Final - J Taylor Shield (sfd) - by invitation|
|Sat or Sun||20 or 21||Winter Better Ball - Crabbies Cup - enter on the day|
|Wed or Thur||24 or 25||Midweek Stableford - enter on the day|
|Sat or Sun||27 or 28||Monthly Bogey - enteron the day|
2/01/2018 - The updated CONGU handbook is available on-line
The CONGU handbook 2018 has now been released and is available to view on our website. This document is only available as a PDF download from England Golf or direct from CONGU. Further information on the CONGU changes which come into force on 1 January 2018 is available online.
2/01/2018 - Handicap Annual Review
The Annual Review is an essential part of the CONGU handicap system, and for players within a club to be correctly handicapped, the committee must carry out the review on all home players between 31 October and 1 March. It is recommended that the review be carried out after 1 January 2018 to allow for changes to be made to the handicap software. It is also worth remembering that the annual review is about applying both increases and decreases where required.
31/12/2017 - December competition round up
31/12 - The Golfer of the Year 2017 is Jimmy Cooley, Maurizio Patane took the runner up spot - well played throughout the season.
30/12 - Tony Maryan Prevailed with 38 points in the final competition of the year from Jimmy Cooley in 2nd.
23/12 - The Four Seasons also concluded with Jimmy Cooley prevailing from Rob Suh.
23/12 - The Winter Shield was postponed a week with Hasta Gurung (45) smashing it from Kosh Gurung (38) in 2nd - the annual review of handicaps approaches!
9/12 - The Christmas Competition was won by Jack Yarrow with 38 points. Well done to all the prize winners.
2/12 - Mick Dollard (37) won the December Stableford on countback from Chris Kelly.
30/11/2017 - November competition round up
25/11 - Bill Stevenson and Neil Sherman won the St Andrews Greensomes with 40 points.
18 &19/11 - The Xmas prizes stableford was won by Jack Yarrow. Liam Cella and Stuart Cella filled the minor places.
11/11 - The Memorial Day on 11/11 was well attended with John Kasake (38) prevailing to win the Les Acquah Trophy.
11/11 - The Osborne Cup aggregate pairs final round saw the low handicappers Jimmy Cooley and Liam Cella coming out on top.
5/11 - The Committee Shield was also played in November with the current Vice Captain George Sheriff prevailing.
31/10/2017 - October competition round up
- The Trophy Winners final was first up in October and Obi NNochiri won from Kavit Nathwani and Leroy Benta.
- Bill Stevenson picked up his first trophy with the Autumn Cup with Leroy benta runner up and the Autumn Shield was won by Maurizio Patane with Adrian Green the runner up.
- We also had the Tom Palmer Scramble wher the highest handicapped team of Martin Edwards, Dinesh Bhucher, Peter Jones and Paul Collas prevailed with a gross 65 and 56.1 net. Dave Digweed, Kevin Byrne, Vish Dhanak and Graham Leadbetter took the runner up spot.
- The Ladies team won the aggregate 4 from 8 intersection match on 31/10/17.
30/09/2017 - September competition round up
- On 6/9 thirty-eight turned out for the Seniors Open with Stanley Yap taking the Seniors Open Trophy and Geoff Balance the Shield. In the Am-Am on 9/9 the team of Stuart and Liam Cella and Jimmy and Callum Cooley scored an incredible 99 points to lift the prize, with Liam shooting 6 under gross on the back 9. Jimmy Cooley maintained his form the following day to lift the Paul Cup with Stuart Cella taking the runner up spot. Avi Kumarasinghe took the prize for leading qualifier.
- On 16/9 the J Williams Shield was lifted by Mark Stanton with a great score of 71/66. While a new member Kosh Gurang lifted the Charity Shield with a nett 63. The Medal Winners Final on 23/9 was won by Pratik Thakkar from Cel O’Connor
- On the running and KO front, Tom Hodgson and Denis Rafferty won the Greensomes Trophy beating George Sheriff and Stewart Farrell in the final.
- Jimmy Cooley took the Parker Cup defeating Sudi Shah and Jack Yarrow won the Scratch KO beating Steve Brownsea.
- The Eclectics conclude with Liam Cella winning the Horn Cup for best gross and Mayor Gor the Carter Cup for best net.